17 SEP | Germany in the UN Security Council: Fostering Women, Peace and Security?
Germany in the UN Security Council: Fostering Women, Peace and Security?
September 17, 2019 | 18.30-20.30
Berliner Landeszentrale für politische Bildung
Hardenbergstraße 22-24, 10623 Berlin
As a temporary member of the UN Security Council, Germany is committed to strengthen the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) Agenda. With the introduction of UN Security Council Resolution 2467 in April 2019, seeking to combat sexual violence in conflict, Germany made an important yet not uncontroversial step towards strengthening the Agenda in the UNSC. Next year, the WPS Agenda will be celebrated for its 20th anniversary, and Germany will need to work on a new National Action Plan.
This event aims to discuss what has been achieved so far and what steps the German Government should take, particularly with regard to the implementation of the WPS Agenda.
Our speakers are:
- Karin Nordmeyer (keynote), President of UN Women Germany (Bonn)
- Julia Kharashvili, Chairperson, IDP Women Association „Consent“ | Member of the High Level Advisory Group 1325 (Tbilisi)
- Olena Zakharova, Founder of the Centre of Public Initiatives Ideas for Change (Kyiv)
- Inger-Luise Heilmann, Desk Officer at the German Ministry of Defence, Branch United Nations (Berlin)
- Nina Bernarding, Director of the German Chapter of the Centre for Feminist Foreign Policy (Berlin)
- Anna von Gall, Expert on the WPS Agenda (Berlin)
You are invited to stay for a reception and to continue our discussions informally!!
Please register via the form below. Don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com in case of any questions.
Polis180, Ideas for Change and IDP Women’s Association “Consent” are jointly implementing the project „Women, Peace and Security: A Chance for Georgia’s and Ukraine’s Protracted Conflicts?” In May and June 2019, we organised workshops on the WPS Agenda in Tbilisi and Kyiv.
This event is preceded by a research-oriented conference (register here).
The project is funded by the Federal Foreign Office.
Buchungen sind für diese Veranstaltung geschlossen.